- To develop the educational potential of collective memory, reorienting it towards a reconciling peace, grafting the peace strands in it;
- To contribute to healing, by grafting peace strands in the collective memories, chronic wounds caused by traumatic violences;
- To enrich mutual interest and forge cheerful links between generations through sharing remembrances;
- To orchestrate a wave of civic energy fuelled by the complicity of families collecting and making public stories with Strands of Peace;
- To engage citizens as critical participants in building a common historical memory, through giving value to the stories of ordinary families;
- To contribute to a democratical access tof the past, opening the door of History to the communicative memory of each citizen;
- To contribute to a past that belongs to all of us, thus avoiding the construction of a collective memory, which serves as a tool for powerholders to use to further their own interest.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish